Organic Iced Dog Cookies
1 hour Servings: 1-2 Dozen Cookies
- 1 cup organic smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp organic molasses
- 1 cup organic whole milk
- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Parchment paper
- Preheat overtop 350 degrees (F).
- Combine all ingredients mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Put dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters or knife to cut desired shapes. Place cookies on non-stick baking pan lined with parchment paper, and place in over for about 15-20 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before applying icing (recipe below).
- 1/4 cup organic cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp organic honey
- Organic food coloring
Combine cornstarch, honey and water in a medium sized bowl, adding 1-2 teaspoons of water at a time until desired consistency is reached. For a thinner consistency that is easier to spread add more water, being careful to not over do it. Holding a spoon test icing for wetness by seeing how easily it drips. If you are looking for a thicker consistency better for adding shaped details simply add less water, until you achieve a slow drip. Once you decide how many colors you will be working with divide the plain finished icing into separate bowls as needed. Add 1-2 drops or more of food coloring to each bowl to create your desired color. Apply as desired to cooled dog cookies/biscuits. You can use an icing smoother comb, cookie pick or piping bag if desired, or if you do not have access to professional tools you can opt to use plastic baggies to help apply your icing, and a spoon or toothpick to help evenly distribute it. Refrigerate finished cookies for best results.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG