Ah, summertime. The beach is the perfect place to laze away the long days. Who doesn’t love the sound of crashing waves, the salt air and sand in all your clothes, your food, your phone, your car? Okay, so as great as the beach is, a vacation at the shore can come with a dirty price. Whatever ends up coming home covered in sand, use your trusty Greenshield Organic products to get the spills and stains out. But we also have some helpful tips for a safer and cleaner beach experience.
1. Bag it up! Put your smartphone in a sandwich bag to protect it. You can still use the touch screen through the bag. Just make sure to dispose of that bag properly afterward so it doesn’t end up as waste in the ocean.
2. Take a fitted sheet. Weigh down the corners with your iceboxes and bags. The elastic will keep the sand out!
3. Sand stuck to your skin? Before you wash them off in the ocean just to get covered in sand again, use organic baby powder to get the sand off.
4. Keep your stuff safe. Don’t bother renting one of those beach lockers then lose the key. Just bring a diaper along. Put your keys, money and other valuables in the diaper and roll it up. No thief will dare to steal from a possible stink bomb.
5. Cool off. Fear you might stay in the sun too long? Freeze aloe vera in an ice tray beforehand. You’ll have cool cubes of healing for your sensitive skin.
6. Double up. Bring a change of clothes for everyone. For the kids, for the baby, for the spouse and for you. When you go home without sand in your pants, you won’t regret it.
7. Pop a cork… and attach your keys to it. If for some reason your keys end up in the ocean, the cork will float – and so will your keys.
8. Limit the shells. Your kids are going to see a lot of pretty shells there for the taking, but before they fall in love, set a limit on how many shells they are allowed to take home. That way they will only fall in love with the very best ones.
Do you have a beach lifehack you’d like to share? Tell us about it in the comments!